The Ministry of Human Resource Development has released the roadmap for National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for the academic year 2020-21. Releasing the roadmap, the department said that the establishment of the foundational literacy and numeracy mission under Atma Nirbhar Bharat would have to effectively implement this roadmap for NCERT and develop resources for the same.
While releasing the roadmap, Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said, “We would have to change the format and system of education in the coming times so that we can take education to every corner of the country. We sincerely hope that the way we have changed the Corona crisis period as an opportunity, in the same way, we all will adopt a new normal and give a new dimension to the Indian education system.”
MHRD Road-map to NCERT: Key Highlights
- Infographics/posters/presentations to be prepared for class 1 to 5 by October 2020
- Teacher training course online for teachers of class 1-5 to be completed by December 2020 and for teachers of class 6-12 by June 2021 in a phased manner.
- Alternative educational material to be developed for students of class 1 to 5 keeping in mind the students who do not have access to any kind of internet facility by December 2020 in a phased manner.
- Educational material and resources to be developed for class 6 to 12 by June 2021 in a phased manner.
- Ten questions on two levels of proficiency to be created at least by November 2020 for class 1-5 and for the remaining classes by March 2021 to assess the learning outcome of each subject.
- The areas of concerns have been identified based on the 2017 National Academic Survey. The curriculum and content will be designed to address these for Classes 1 to 5 by December 2020 and for Classes 6 to 12 by March 2021.
The new National Curriculum Framework (NCF) for School Education has also been initiated. NCERT will be expected to make changes in the textbooks in accordance with the new NCF. Subject experts will initiate this process for school education, and give an interim report by December 2020.